The location of Castello di Montauto is one of the locations that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Tuscany. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the location. Enjoy the reading!
Castello di Montauto: from the Middle Ages to today
The splendid Castello di Montauto stands on the top of a hill in Impruneta, in the province of Florence. The castle's origins are very ancient: it was built in 980 for defensive purposes by the powerful Gherardini family. Castello di Montauto, given its strategic position, from that time was often the field of bitter disputes. In particular, the complex was the subject of heated disputes between Guelphs and Ghibellines between the 13th and 14th centuries.
During the 16th century, the castle changed hands several times. After being purchased by the Adimari family, it passed to the wealthy Florentine merchant Bastiano Ciaini in 1550. The latter commissioned the famous architect Domenico di Baccio d'Agnolo to extend it, transforming the structure into a dominical villa. Before long, however, Ciaini lost all his capital and ended up selling the castle to the Niccolini family.
Castello di Montauto remained their property for over two centuries, only to be ceded to the Bellucci Mascagni family. The latter returned to expand the structure during the 19th century, embellishing it with a romantic park. With the outbreak of the Great War, however, a period of decline began for the complex. It was only at the end of the conflict with the purchase by the publisher Enrico Vallecchi that the castle returned to its splendour. In fact, a series of major restorations were commissioned and completed in 1957, the year in which the Vallecchi family settled in the residence.
Castello di Montauto: the perfect setting for a fairytale wedding
Castello di Montauto, with its rich medieval structure, is the perfect location for a fairytale wedding. Surrounded by thick forests of beech and poplar trees, stepping through its walls you will be transported to distant times. Here history and art merge elegantly, creating a magical and evocative atmosphere. Getting married at Castello di Montauto means organising a princely event that will leave your guests speechless.
Castello di Montauto is also a versatile venue thanks to its spaciousness and countless areas. From traditional to shabby weddings, you will find the space to realise your every wish here. If, for example, you prefer a youthful, cheerful and carefree event, the complex's park will be right for you. There are several areas available to you here, all with a romantic and dreamy atmosphere. The most particular is certainly the loggia, decorated with frescoes and covered with climbing ivy. It will be perfect for hosting your summer aperitifs, offering a sweet view of the park below. This romantic green lung is also home to paths, wells and statues, ideal for shots with a cinematic flavour.
Castello di Montauto allows the bride and groom to organise their reception also within its rich salons. From the most rustic settings to the most sumptuous, passing through the most intimate lounges... you will be spoilt for choice! Finally, the hotel also offers you its private church, where you can celebrate an evocative religious ceremony. Whatever your style or needs, we are sure you will find everything you desire at Castello di Montauto. Getting married here can only leave a sweet memory in your heart and in those of your guests.
Castello di Montauto: the structure of the location
The magnificent Castello di Montauto is a place with a rich and articulated structure. Situated amidst the woods of the Chianti hills, the complex is in fact composed of several buildings dating back to the Middle Ages and the 18th century. Outside the walls there is also a pretty consecrated church, with frescoes by Giottino. This can accommodate up to 150 people, who can admire its architectural beauty during the celebration of religious rites.
The castle is elegantly embraced by a vast park of over 80,000 square metres, home to poplars and centuries-old beech trees. As you approach the manor house, the park gently fades into a beautiful garden, from which you can admire the hilly panorama. Castello di Montauto then presents a splendid loggia, a finely frescoed ceiling. Here it is possible to host up to 100 people in the summer, with numerous tables set in the adjoining courtyard and terrace.
Added to this space are the precious interior salons, all richly decorated in the style of the different eras. In fact, these present an elegant mix of ancient medieval relics and 19th-century period furniture. There are also frescoed walls, terracotta floors and ceilings with exposed wooden beams. Castello di Montauto is a microcosm in which to spend moments of unforgettable sweetness. Celebrating your wedding here will make your most important day even sweeter and more refined.
Frequently Asked Questions About Castello di Montauto
- Where is Castello di Montauto? Castello di Montauto stands on a hilltop in Impruneta, in the province of Florence.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Castello di Montauto? Certainly. You can organise the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all the adjoining areas. The castle puts both the park and its interior rooms at your disposal. There is also a small church in which you can celebrate your religious ceremony.
- Does Castello di Montauto have a restaurant? Castello di Montauto offers a dedicated catering and banqueting service. The facility has several affiliated partners, including Cirque Catering Firenze. It is therefore not possible to hire an external caterer at your convenience.
- What events can be celebrated at Castello di Montauto? Your most important celebrations can be organised at Castello di Montauto. The facility is open for weddings, baptisms, communions and private parties. You can also organise your meetings, corporate events, showrooms and gala dinners here.
- Can Castello di Montauto host business meetings? Certainly. Castello di Montauto makes its halls and rooms available for organising events and conventions. The spaces are equipped with every comfort and feature technologically advanced facilities. Every event's detail can be customised between historical charm and state-of-the-art technology.
- Can I stay overnight at Castello di Montauto? Castello di Montauto offers the bride and groom its romantic bridal suite. However, there are no additional rooms or flats for guests.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Tuscany, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Tuscany, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.