The location of Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari is one of the structures that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Venice. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the villa. Enjoy the reading!
Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari: the history
The elegant Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari stands in Mira, in the province of Venice, on the left side of the Naviglio Brenta canal. The structure was built in the 16th century by the Scherimann family, nobles of Persian origin, on the ashes of an earlier building.
Around the middle of the 18th century, the Villa was purchased by the Widmann family. The latter modernised the complex in accordance with the French rococo taste, then very much in vogue throughout Europe. Also during this period, the adjacent barchessa was enlarged, as well as the dominical house itself, in which the attic was demolished. Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari thus reached its present size and all the interior rooms were finely decorated with polychrome stuccoes.
The villa remained the property of the Widmann family until 1876, when Countess Andreanna Widmann - Rezzonico died. The complex thus passed to her grandsons, Carlo Contarini del Zaffo and Carlo Bentivoglio. In 1883, Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari was purchased by Mr. Somazzi Francesco and later by Guolo Giovanni. The heirs of the Widmann family, however, decided to buy the mansion back from the latter in 1901.
In 1946 Elisabetta Widmann-Rezzonico donated the villa to her son Ludovico Foscari. After being purchased by Commendator Settimo Costanzo in the 1970s, Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari is now owned by the Province of Venice. The structure has now returned to its former splendour thanks to lengthy work aimed at re-evaluating the buildings that comprise it. Open for events and guided tours, it is also home to several public offices for tourist promotion.
Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari: the perfect setting for a dream wedding
As we have already mentioned, during the 18th century, Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari was transformed into a majestic and varied complex. This is why today's structure is considered the perfect location for dream weddings. Here art and nature merge gracefully, providing a unique setting.
Upon entering the romantic park, newlyweds are immediately transported to a distant and evocative era. The centuries-old trees and ancient statues here will provide the backdrop for your happiest moments. In this romantic green lung, you can, in fact, organise your summer banquet and a splendid shoot. The shots taken here are evocative and cinematic, able to remind you forever of the sweetness of your wedding.
Next to the elegant pond you will find more intimate and reserved corners, perfect for a fairy-tale moment for two. Moreover, if you want to celebrate your wedding on site, you can request access to the ancient little church that stands a short distance from the lake.
Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari offers not only bucolic views, but also luxurious and exclusive spaces. The magnificent inner salons will surprise you with their countless frescoes, which you can admire while sipping a delicious aperitif. Whatever your style, Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari will provide the right setting to make your every dream come true. From the most youthful weddings to the most refined events, you will find the perfect location for your most beautiful day here.
Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari: the structure of the location
The historic Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari stands in an enchanted location in the gentle countryside of the Riviera del Brenta. Part of the famous Palladian villas, the structure presents a unique architectural setting, influenced by the Rococo style.
Visitors are immediately greeted by the verdant park passing through the complex gates. Commissioned and created by the Widmann family in the 18th century, it contains flower beds, century-old trees, statues and a beautiful pond. Summer aperitifs and receptions can be organised here, enjoying the splendid view of the surrounding landscape.
Walking up the paths, one then reaches the various buildings that make up the property. Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari comprises:
- An 18th-century chapel in which to celebrate one's religious rite
- The ancient Barchessa, an imposing building in perfect Veneto style, in which to serve the banquet. Characterised by splendid wooden ceilings, it overlooks the park through a large portico that can be used during the summer.
- The Dominical House, rich in frescoes and period furniture, open for visits and wedding shoots
- The Venetian-style Campiello, around which to serve a sophisticated welcome drink
- The Terrace and Greenhouses, a space designed to host the open bar and dance floor
Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari is truly a location rich in art and culture, able to give you great emotions. It will truly amaze you and your guests, leaving an indelible memory in your hearts thanks to its enchanting views.
Frequently Asked Questions about Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari
- Where is Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari located? Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari is located in Mira, in the province of Venice, on the left side of the Naviglio Brenta canal.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari? Of course, you can. You can organise the religious ceremony, the shooting and the reception within the park, the salons of the Villa and all the adjoining areas.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari? No, Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari does not have an in-house catering service. Therefore, you can choose your own catering service or ask the staff for advice.
- What events can be celebrated at Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari? At Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari you can organise your most important celebrations. The structure, in fact, is open for weddings and private parties. You can also organise your meetings and corporate events.
- Can Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari host business meetings? Certainly. Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari provides multi-purpose spaces suitable for meetings, press conferences, meeting sessions and training courses. The structure is equipped with the best technology and every comfort.
- Can I stay overnight at Villa Widmann Rezzonico Foscari? No, the structure does not provide rooms or accommodation in which to stay overnight. However, you can find several hotels and flats within walking distance of the Villa.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Venice, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Venice, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.