The location of Villa Chiminelli is one of the structures that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Treviso. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the villa. Enjoy the reading!
Villa Chiminelli: the history
The elegant Villa Chiminelli stands in Sant'Andrea oltre il Muson, just outside Castelfranco Veneto, in the province of Treviso. The structure, built in the 16th century, was erected on the ashes of an earlier 15th-century building at the behest of Francesco Soranzo. A nobleman of Venetian origin, the latter was the parish priest of the church of Sant'Andrea beyond the Muson from 1563 to 1595.
During that period, Francesco used the mansion as his rectory, commissioning Benedetto Caliari and Paolo Veronese to paint numerous frescoes. After a brief period in the hands of the Corners, Villa Chiminelli was purchased by the Piacentini family in 1614. These remained its owners for more than two centuries, until 1852, when the structure passed to the Tiepolo family.
However, with the outbreak of World War II the Villa was occupied by the German armed forces. The complex thus became a military hospital, only to be liberated by the Americans in 1944. In the same year, the entire property was purchased by Francesco Chiminelli. The latter devoted himself with great enthusiasm and passion to the complete renovation of the Villa, by then devastated by the conflicts.
Having reestablished the use of the interior rooms, Francesco commissioned the restoration of the splendid frescoes, which had been partly covered with lime. The Condina and Tanning Art Museums were then inaugurated inside the villa's cottages. These collect all the ancient objects recovered during the renovations, telling visitors about the history of the complex.
After Francesco's death, the property passed to his sons Alessandro and Baldino. These continued with the same love as their father the restoration of the complex, restoring it to its former glory and opening its doors to private events.
Villa Chiminelli: the perfect setting for an intimate wedding
Among the many Veneto-style mansions in the Treviso area, Villa Chiminelli is certainly one of the most distinctive and rich in history. In fact, although small in size, the complex enjoys a priceless artistic heritage. A true rare gem of the Veneto countryside, this location will therefore be perfect for the organization of intimate and never mundane weddings.
What makes Villa Chiminelli so private and sweet is definitely its beautiful park, full of bucolic and dreamy corners. Overlooking the local vineyards, this gentle green lung will serve as a romantic backdrop to your most important moments. In fact, from the civil union to the wedding shoot it will give you and your guests moments of pure magic. Also here, within the manicured Italian garden, you can then organize refined and relaxing summer aperitifs and banquets.
If you prefer, however, to seat your guests indoors, no worries. Again, Villa Chiminelli will surprise you with its many proposals. In fact, the complex makes available to newlyweds both the halls of the main body and the rooms inside the barchessa and adjacent cottages. The most demanding couples, looking for an extremely elegant and princely setting, will find in the large reception hall everything they have always dreamed of. Rich with frescoes and period furnishings, we are sure it will leave you and your loved ones speechless.
For the bride and groom who prefer, on the other hand, a more relaxed and informal, but still well-kept environment, better to opt for the barchessa or the rustic rooms. Both recently renovated, they will be perfect for hosting more youthful and romantic events. Whatever your style, Villa Chiminelli will be able to offer the right setting to make your every dream come true. From more convivial weddings to chic events, you will find here the perfect location for your most beautiful day.
Villa Chiminelli: the structure of the location
The picturesque Villa Chiminelli is one of the most splendid examples of a Venetian villa with Palladian influences. Although it is less extensive than other structures in the Treviso area, it is still one of the most well-kept and characteristic mansions in the area.
Greeting visitors as they pass through its tall gates is a verdant tree-lined avenue. Filled with ancient trees, statues and fountains, this offers unparalleled views of the surrounding countryside, embellished with numerous vineyards. Reaching the main body, on the other hand, it is possible to admire the beautiful Italian-style garden. Divided into four areas through a dense network of geometric hedges, this space can be set up with marquees, tables and chairs.
Surrounding the garden are then the many buildings that make up the Villa Chiminelli complex. The structure, in fact, boasts a splendid manor house, two barchesse, a small church and several cottages. Each of these houses inside rooms that can be used for the organization of events. You can choose, in fact, from:
- The spacious Main Floor Hall, rich in frescoes, crystal chandeliers and period relics. Made available for both reception and ceremony, it can accommodate up to 150 people
- The barchessa and its portico, made in perfect Venetian style, with wooden ceilings and terracotta floors
- The rustics, or the complex's old stables, now reimagined in a modern style, with a maximum capacity of 200 seats
- The cellars, an extremely private and simple space, suitable for small groups
- The 16th-century chapel, which can be used for the celebration of religious rites on site.
Villa Chiminelli is truly a location rich in history and wonder, capable of giving you great emotions. A niche choice but extremely refined, we are sure it will leave an indelible memory in your hearts.
Frequently Asked Questions About Villa Chiminelli
- Where is Villa Chiminelli located? Villa Chiminelli is located in Sant'Andrea beyond the Muson, just outside Castelfranco Veneto, in the province of Treviso.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa Chiminelli? Of course. You will be able to organize the religious rite, the shooting and the reception inside the park, the halls of the Villa and all the adjoining areas.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa Chiminelli? No, Villa Chiminelli does not have an in-house catering service. The facility is open to outside professionals and caterers, which can be freely chosen by the bride and groom.
- What events can be celebrated at Villa Chiminelli? Inside Villa Chiminelli it is possible to organize your most important celebrations. In fact, the facility is open for weddings and private parties. You can, in addition, organize your meetings, corporate events, shootings and fashion shows.
- Can Villa Chiminelli host business meetings? Certainly. Villa Chiminelli provides its indoor and outdoor spaces for the organization of events and conventions. The facility is equipped with the best technologies and every comfort.
- Can I stay overnight inside Villa Chiminelli? No, Villa Chiminelli does not have indoor accommodations. However, you can find several hotels and apartments within walking distance of the facility.
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.