The location of Villa di Modolo is one of the locations that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Veneto. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the location. Enjoy the reading!
Villa di Modolo: history
The beautiful 17th-century Villa di Modolo stands a few kilometres from Belluno in the heart of the Dolomites. The structure was designed and built by the engineer Andrea Miari, making it one of the most beautiful examples of a Venetian villa in the Alpine area.
Villa di Modolo was passed down from generation to generation within the Miari family, growing and expanding. Life inside the beautiful structure passed peacefully until the outbreak of the First World War. In those years, the Germans turned the Villa into a field hospital. Before being driven out by the Italian troops, the soldiers vandalised the complex, raiding it for furniture and historical artefacts.
Once the war was over, the Miari family began the slow and hard work of restoring the Villa. It took about 20 years to rebuild the entire village, also introducing new and important building techniques. During the post-war period Villa di Modolo saw the birth of numerous projects. In 1958, the first alfalfa dehydration plant in Italy was installed here. In the 1970s, a thoroughbred horse farm was opened. Finally, between the 1980s and 1990s, an important organic free-range pig farm was established.
Villa di Modolo and the village in which it stands still continue their activities today. The Miari family, thanks to the new generations, has transformed its structure into a splendid tourist destination. It is also the perfect location for events and weddings between good food, history, and nature.
Villa di Modolo: the perfect setting for an elegant wedding
Villa di Modolo is a truly impressive residence. It is an immense agricultural mansion where art, history and nature come together to perfection. Thanks to the presence of such an important artistic and cultural heritage, the Villa is perfect for refined and elegant weddings. The rich variety of spaces and styles make it an extremely versatile location, suitable for every need.
The beauty of the structure is undeniable, so it is possible to create truly evocative photo shoots here. You can take your shots walking through the centuries-old trees in the park and in the elegant Italian garden. On mild summer evenings you can celebrate your reception outdoors, enjoying the breathtaking view of the Dolomites. The manicured gardens will be the perfect setting for more relaxed and informal celebrations, ideal for a country-style wedding.
If you prefer to serve your banquet indoors, you can choose one of the Villa's luxurious salons. For glamorous and formal events, we can only recommend the large Salone delle Vedute. You can arrange your tables or buffets under the high vaulted ceilings and richly frescoed walls for up to 400 guests. Looking for a more intimate and convivial room, but just as well maintained? Then head for the Sala delle Meridiane, which has a more rustic style. Here, in fact, you will find beautiful wooden ceilings and less demanding decorations than in the main hall.
Whatever your preference, Villa di Modolo will make your most beautiful day unforgettable. We are sure it will leave a sweet memory in your hearts and in those of your lucky guests.
Villa di Modolo: the structure of the location
The immense Villa di Modolo, as we have seen, stands in the gentle Belluno countryside. The structure is a true architectural jewel, surrounded by green fields and a panorama dominated by the Dolomites. Upon entering the large gate, visitors immediately catch a glimpse of the beautiful façade of the main building. This is decorated with Ionic and Corinthian half-columns, a beautiful tympanum and a stone staircase.
To the side of the central body, a wing extends to the historic Barchessa, a minor building dating back to the 17th century. In front of it is the well-kept garden, which extends into a dense park. In addition to the centuries-old trees and flowerbeds, a stroll through the greenery reveals the historic sundials. In fact, seven sundials have been painted on the facades of Villa di Modolo at the behest of Count Francesco Miari Fulcis.
Upon entering the Villa, visitors can marvel at the large halls of the building. These are traditional rooms, rich in neoclassical frescoes. Although part of the artistic heritage of the Villa has been destroyed, it is impossible not to be deeply fascinated by the Halls.
For events and weddings, the complex offers three different rooms:
- the large Salone delle Vedute, with its frescoes and period furniture, suitable for large celebrations
- the rustic Sala delle Meridiane, with its wooden ceiling and larch floor, the ideal place for a convivial and intimate ceremony
- the Sala delle Colonne, a large hall where dancing can take place
The Villa di Modolo is a truly magnificent location in which to spend unforgettable moments. Thanks to the wide choice and diversity of its settings, it will be able to fulfil your every wish.
Frequently asked questions about Villa di Modolo
- Where is Villa di Modolo? Villa di Modolo is located a few kilometres from Belluno, in the heart of the Dolomites.
- Can I celebrate my wedding at Villa di Modolo? Certainly you can. You can organise the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all the adjoining areas. The entire complex is exclusively dedicated to your celebration. It is also possible to celebrate your civil ceremony on request.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa di Modolo? Villa di Modolo does not have an in-house catering service. However, we can recommend an external caterer if you do not have one.
- What events can be celebrated at Villa di Modolo? At Villa di Modolo you can organise your most important events. In fact, the structure is open to weddings and private parties. You can also organise your meetings, corporate and cultural events.
- Can Villa di Modolo host business meetings? Certainly. Villa di Modolo offers its indoor and outdoor spaces to organise events and conventions. The structure is equipped with the best technologies and a dedicated staff at your disposal.
- Can I stay overnight at the Villa di Modolo? Unfortunately the Villa does not have any accommodation or suites. However, you can find several hotels and flats where you can stay in the surrounding area.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Veneto, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Veneto, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.