Villa i Girasoli: from the Middle Ages to the present day
Villa i Girasoli is an ancient residence built on the ashes of an old 15th century Tuscan farmhouse, now completely renovated. The structure is immersed in the green countryside of Arena Metato, in the municipality of San Giuliano Terme.
Villa i Girasoli has been a rich farm over the centuries. The complex was in fact used for agricultural and pastoral work. Around it, there are still pastures and cultivated fields. The name of the Villa derives from the expanses of sunflowers that surround it, often used as a photographic set.
Over the centuries, the old farmhouse was abandoned, soon becoming a ruin. It was only in the 1980s, thanks to the purchase of the Benedetti family, that a long process of restoration of the structure began. The Benedetti family worked for over five years on the complete renovation of the main building and the surrounding garden.
Through their commitment and dedication, the entire complex was enlarged and modernised. Today Villa i Girasoli is open for events and weddings, continuing to be run with great passion by the entire Benedetti family.
Villa i Girasoli: the perfect setting for a classic and romantic wedding
Villa i Girasoli, as you may have guessed, is a place steeped in history and beauty. It is surrounded by fields and groves, providing peace and intimacy for the events held here. Thanks to the bucolic setting and the gentle calmness you can breathe here, it will be the perfect location for classic and romantic weddings.
If you are looking for an elegant but not tacky property, Villa i Girasoli is definitely for you. The main building is tastefully furnished with a perfect mix of rustic and modern elements. The owners themselves have chosen to provide the villa with every comfort, without distorting its ancient soul. The design is simple, linear and never overwhelms the bride and groom or the beauty of the surrounding nature.
For this reason, Villa i Girasoli is chosen by couples of all ages who prefer more genuine and traditional celebrations. This certainly doesn't mean it's a boring location, quite the contrary! The owners have created a beautiful swimming pool and an elegant lemon house to meet the needs of younger people. They will be the perfect place to celebrate your best day until late at night, with dancing, laughter and games.
Villa i Girasoli also offers future brides and grooms every kind of wedding service. From the wedding planner to the photographer, the staff is available for every request. If you need help in organising your event, you will find a 360° solution here.
Villa i Girasoli is a truly enchanting place to celebrate any important occasion. If you are looking for a location where you can enjoy your wedding in complete relaxation, it is just what you need. It will be the perfect setting for a classic wedding and will remain etched in your memories forever.
Villa i Girasoli: the structure of the location
The beautiful Villa i Girasoli is a rich complex surrounded by fields and groves. In the summer season, the property boasts a beautiful and romantic view of endless expanses of sunflowers, unique in its kind. The Villa comprises several areas, created with care in every little detail.
Beyond the entrance gate, you enter the beautiful park of the building. Rich in trees and green hedges, this space embraces the main building and some satellite constructions. Following the paths that wind through the garden, you can reach the different areas of the Villa.
The well-kept park is indeed dotted with bucolic corners. A large swimming pool towers in front of the Villa's facade, surrounded by gazebos and tensile structures. Here it is possible to organise aperitifs and DJ sets on hot summer days. A short distance away is the elegant Limonaia, a lovely space where guests can enjoy moments of peace. The interior of the Villa is similarly dedicated to relaxation. Here is the Greta Suite, where couples can end the day in the sweetest of ways.
The Wedding Events Planner at Villa i Girasoli then carefully sets up the ceremony according to the couple's wishes. There is in fact a rich Tableau Mariage, available to satisfy every request of the bride and groom. A further gem? You can also take advantage of the potential of the drone, for fantastic aerial shots and photos.
Villa i Girasoli is a truly enchanting location, perfect for hosting major events and celebrations. A truly unique setting where you can celebrate your most important day in style, but always with an eye on tradition.
Frequently asked questions about Villa i Girasoli
- Where is Villa i Girasoli? Villa i Girasoli is immersed in the green countryside of Arena Metato, in the municipality of San Giuliano Terme. It is famous for the expanses of sunflowers that surround it.
- Can I celebrate my wedding at Villa i Girasoli? Certainly you can. You can organise the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all the adjoining areas. The entire complex is exclusively dedicated to your party.
- Does Villa i Girasoli have a restaurant? Villa i Girasoli provides a kitchen area with worktops, service and rooms reserved for the catering service. There is a trusted caterer, but you can choose an external one of your choice at no extra charge.
- What events can be celebrated at Villa i Girasoli? At Villa i Girasoli you can organise your most important events. The structure, in fact, is open to weddings, baptisms, communions, birthdays and graduation parties. You can also organise your meetings and other events.
- Can Villa i Girasoli host business meetings? Certainly it can. Villa i Girasoli makes its spaces available to organise events and conventions. The rooms are equipped with every comfort. They are air-conditioned and offer total accessibility for the disabled, who can move around without ever encountering architectural obstacles.
- Can I stay overnight at Villa i Girasoli? The Villa has an internal loft, the Greta Suite, where the bride and groom can stay. For guests, there are several flats and hotels in the vicinity of the villa.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Tuscany, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Tuscany, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.