The location of Villa Rechesteiner is one of the structures that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Treviso. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the villa. Enjoy the reading!
Villa Rechsteiner: the history
Villa Rechsteiner is a historic mansion dating back to the late 17th century, set within the context of the Rechsteiner Farm. The structure is located in Piavon di Oderzo, in the province of Treviso, in the gentle Veneto countryside. Villa Rechsteiner is actually an articulated complex that has grown over the centuries at the behest of the families who inhabited it.
In fact, after being built by the Bonamico family Villa Rechsteiner passed to the noble Ottoboni, Serbelloni and Revedin families. Finally, in 1881, Friederich Rechsteiner took over the estate from the latter, founding his own farm. Over the course of about two centuries, the facility grew steadily, becoming one of the most productive in the area. Thus a large barchessa, a dairy with a pigeon tower and cellars were erected, in which production of the excellent local wine began.
However, in the nineteenth century the Rechsteiners' attention focused mainly on the Villa's exterior. In an effort to gentrify the structure and exhibit its riches, the park surrounding the complex was redesigned in the English Romantic style then in vogue. A decorative temple, a pond and numerous wild animals, such as foxes, badgers and squirrels, were inserted.
With the death of the last male descendant of the family, Villa Rechsteiner passed to a daughter of Friederich. The latter married Felix Moritz Stepski-Doliwa, a Central European nobleman and Austro-Hungarian garrison chief. To this day the Rechsteiner Farm is managed by a great-grandson of the couple, Baron Florian von Stepski-Doliwa. Recently, after careful restoration of the complex, Villa Rechsteiner has also been opened for tours, educational activities and events.
Villa Rechsteiner: the perfect setting for a classic and refined wedding
The beautiful Villa Rechsteiner is a one-of-a-kind location. Elegant and refined, it will be the ideal choice for celebrating bucolic and relaxing weddings. It is, in fact, a small enchanted village, which will impeccably frame traditional and elegant weddings. Then, thanks to the evocative view of the vineyards of the farm in which it is inserted, Villa Rechsteiner enchants the gaze of newlyweds and guests from the very first moment.
Walking through the romantic paths of the vast centuries-old park, it is really impossible not to fall in love with this place. And it is right here, among the foliage of the large linden tree and flowering bushes, that you can hold the sweetest of civil rites. The complex's pond and ornate temple will then serve as the backdrop for your evocative couples' shoot, providing you with unforgettable shots. If you wish, you can also wander through the estate's vineyards, taking unique photos full of personality.
Reaching the Italian garden of Villa Rechsteiner, on the other hand, you will find all the space you need to serve your sparkling summer aperitifs. This is a versatile area that can be fully customized by the bride and groom, who can agree with the venue on the theme of their reception. If you prefer, however, to organize an indoor banquet, you will find within Villa Rechsteiner numerous solutions. From the most rustic and convivial settings, to the most intimate and exclusive rooms, the structure will always manage to fulfill your every wish.
Villa Rechsteiner is truly the perfect location to organize a romantic, bucolic and timeless wedding. If you love nature, good wine and simplicity, we are sure you will not be disappointed, preserving forever a very sweet memory of your wedding.
Villa Rechsteiner: the structure of the location
Villa Rechsteiner presents an elegant and linear structure, built according to the canons of the wonderful Venetian villas. Consisting of numerous cottages, the complex forms a small, agricultural-style hamlet, which is now home to a famous winery. After walking down the entrance driveway, visitors can leave their cars in the facility's convenient private parking lot.
From here, walking along the manicured driveways of the complex, one can easily reach all the areas that make up Villa Rechsteiner. The true pride of the hamlet is certainly its romantic English-style park, which can be used for events and weddings. Developed on more than three hectares of land, this houses within it an artificial pond and a small temple dating back to the 18th century.
Going up toward the courtyard of Villa Rechsteiner, one then enters the various buildings in which to hold aperitifs and receptions. Guests at the complex can choose from:
- The splendid barchessa, a spacious and airy space recently renovated. Capable of accommodating up to 200 diners, it boasts a splendid portico open to the park, which can be expanded with a comfortable marquee
- The ancient seventeenth-century cellars, a setting with an ancient and private flavor, in which the Rechsteiner company's large barrels are stored. Here you can organize a small wine tasting, for an exclusive moment with your guests
- The tavern with typical Veneto fireplace, an intimate room that can be used in the winter period, with a maximum capacity of 20 people
For those who would prefer, however, to hold a more traditional and simple event, the hamlet of Villa Rechsteiner also includes a splendid agritourism. Located about a kilometer from the main nucleus, the latter houses a large hall, capable of accommodating about 150 people. In addition, several apartments and rooms are made available within the Rechsteiner Farmhouse, in which to stay overnight after the event.
Frequently Asked Questions About Villa Rechsteiner
- Where is Villa Rechsteiner located? Villa Rechsteiner is located in Piavon di Oderzo, in the province of Treviso.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa Rechsteiner? Certainly. You will be able to organize the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all the adjoining areas. The entire complex is exclusively dedicated to your celebration. In addition, civil and symbolic rites can also be held upon request.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa Rechsteiner? Villa Rechsteiner does not have an in-house catering service. It is therefore possible to freely engage a caterer outside the facility.
- What events is it possible to celebrate at Villa Rechsteiner? It is possible to hold your most important celebrations inside Villa Rechsteiner. In fact, the facility is open for weddings, baptisms, communions, birthdays and graduation parties. You can, in addition, hold your conferences, meetings, gala dinners, fashion shows, photo shoots, film screenings and concerts here.
- Can Villa Rechsteiner host business meetings? Certainly. Villa Rechsteiner makes its interior and exterior available for the organization of events and conventions. The rooms are equipped with every comfort and feature technologically advanced facilities.
- Can I stay overnight inside Villa Rechsteiner? Yes. A few kilometers from the Villa you will find the Rechsteiner farmhouse. Derived from a former farmhouse, it provides 4 apartments and 11 rooms, for a total of 30 beds.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Treviso, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Treviso, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.