The location of Villa San Fermo is one of the structures that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Verona. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the villa. Enjoy the reading!
Villa San Fermo: the history
The ancient Villa San Fermo stands in Lonigo, in the province of Vicenza. Although it reached its peak in the 19th century, the structure was actually erected in the 10th century. According to official documents, in fact, at that time a community of monks from St. Benedict of Polirone settled in Lonigo, building several places of worship.
The abbey and monastery built by the Benedictines then passed to the monks of San Giorgio in Alga. The latter retained ownership until 1668, when Clement IX suppressed the order. The future Villa San Fermo was thus acquired by Nicolò Venier, procurator of San Marco. Subsequently, the complex passed by inheritance to the noble Contarini family.
The latter maintained ownership of Villa San Fermo until 1834, when the former abbey was purchased by Andrea Giovanelli. Appointed prince by the Emperor of Austria in 1838, Giovanelli established his residence within Villa San Fermo. The family thus began a series of extensive renovation, expansion and embellishment works on the complex. The former abbey was transformed into the splendid mansion we know today, from which the prince managed his lucrative properties.
In 1933 Villa San Fermo then passed to the Jesuit Order by donation. Finally, in 1968, this was succeeded by the Order of the Pavonians, who still own the mansion today. Their careful restoration work has brought back the refined details of the structure, which is now open for events and weddings.
Villa San Fermo: the perfect setting for a princely wedding
As we anticipated, the majestic Villa San Fermo was during the 19th century the home of Prince Giovanelli. From a simple abbey, the structure thus became a luxurious palace, with elegant and refined lines. Precisely for this reason, Villa San Fermo is now the perfect location for holding princely weddings in grand style.
Set on the top of a hill, this splendid mansion enjoys breathtaking views of the valley below. The vast natural park that embraces the complex then gives privacy and sweetness to your event, transporting you inside a fairy tale. And it is here, among the ancient trees and manicured Italian gardens, that you can hold your summer weddings. From the welcome drink to the romantic couple's shoot, this bucolic green area will be the perfect setting for exclusive weddings. Then by accessing the historic cloister, you can serve a delicious banquet, giving your guests a unique experience.
What is most striking about Villa San Fermo, however, are its incredible indoor halls. Perfect in bad weather or for discerning couples, the mansion's spacious halls glow with beauty. Rich with frescoes and period furnishings, they will be the perfect setting for your most solemn moments. From civil ceremony to gala dinner, these princely settings will impeccably host classic and timeless weddings.
Villa San Fermo is truly a dream location in which to spend unforgettable moments with your loved ones. A fairytale place that we are sure will leave an indelible memory in the hearts of those who stay there.
Villa San Fermo: the structure of the location
The historic Villa San Fermo stands on a hill overlooking the town of Lonigo and a vast natural park. This vast green expanse occupies more than 30 hectares and is rich in ancient trees, rare plants, paths and scenic spots. Within it you can also find a romantic pond, a skating rink and a scenic hermitage.
Reaching Villa San Fermo, visitors pass the monumental River Entrance, designed by theater set designer Francesco Bagnara. From here, walking up the park's avenues, they then reach the garden, embellished with numerous flower beds and geometric hedges. Usable for private events and weddings, numerous marquees and gazebos can be found inside. The garden gently embraces the different areas that make up the complex, including a consecrated church that can be used to celebrate religious weddings on site.
Accessing, however, the main body, visitors are welcomed into an endless succession of rooms, each with its own peculiarities. Among them, the following are made available to newlyweds:
- The Hall of Honor, a splendid frescoed hall with purple walls. Inside, up to 120 people can be seated.
- The Music Room, characterized by gold details, paintings and cerulean walls. Intimate and dreamy, it has a maximum capacity of 40 guests
- The Six Doors Room, a setting with simpler and more elegant lines, perfect for the distribution of confetti and favors
- The Fireplace Room, a private lounge dominated by a large fireplace, perfect for the wedding shoot
- The Dove Room, characterized by wooden beams, parquet floors and a large frescoed ceiling. Capable of seating about 30 guests, it is also used for buffets and aperitifs
- The Library, a small room dominated by the antique mahogany bookcases of Villa San Fermo
- The Cloister, a romantic outdoor space embraced by the structure's portico. Usable for both banquets and aperitifs, it houses an ancient well inside
Frequently Asked Questions About Villa San Fermo
- Where is Villa San Fermo located? Villa San Fermo stands on a hill overlooking the town of Lonigo, in the province of Vicenza.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa San Fermo? Certainly. You will be able to organize the religious and symbolic rite, the shooting and the reception inside the Park, the Salons of the Villa and all the adjoining areas.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa San Fermo? Villa San Fermo features an in-house restaurant service and a kitchen for catering use. You can still choose to rent the facility by hiring an outside caterer you trust.
- What events is it possible to celebrate at Villa San Fermo? Inside Villa San Fermo it is possible to organize your most important celebrations. In fact, the facility is open for weddings and private parties. You can, in addition, organize your meetings and corporate events here.
- Can Villa San Fermo host business meetings? Certainly. Villa San Fermo provides its indoor and outdoor spaces for the organization of events and conventions. The facility is equipped with the best technologies and every comfort.
- Can I stay overnight inside Villa San Fermo? Yes, Villa San Fermo is also a renowned hotel, in which you can stay overnight with your loved ones.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Verona, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Verona, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
CIAO! è UN PIACERE CONOSCERTI, SONO
E SONO UN FOTOGRAFO
Oltre a essere un fotografo di matrimoni, sono un marito (fortunato!) e un papà (superfortunato!).
Amo le scodinzolate piene di felicità e le fusa nella penombra della sera, perciò nella nostra famiglia ci sono anche due meravigliose pelose, Ottavia e Nova.
Adoro il profumo dei boschi dove tutto è così selvaggio, dove puoi recuperare le connessioni profonde con la natura. Allo stesso modo amo l'unico mezzo che ti permette di restare fortemente connesso al mondo che ti circonda, la moto.
Io e mia moglie Giulia abbiamo attraversato l'Europa fino ad arrivare a Capo Nord, dove abbiamo lasciato un pezzo del nostro cuore.