The location of Villa Sesso Schiavo is one of the structures that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Padova. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the villa. Enjoy the reading!
Villa Sesso Schiavo: the history
The elegant Villa Sesso Schiavo stands in Sandrigo, a few kilometres from Vicenza. The structure was commissioned in the late 16th century by the noble Sesso family, on the occasion of the marriage in 1572 between their eldest son Silvio and Virginia Porto.
Designed in the Palladian style, the Villa housed the descendants of the Sesso family for almost three centuries. During this period, the complex hosted several prominent figures of the time within its walls, including Emperor Charles V. The latter, in fact, spent a few days in Sandrigo during one of his journeys to Bologna. During the 18th century, the structure was enlarged with the addition of an elegant building and a large rustico.
In 1832, Villa Sesso then passed to the Schiavo family. In fact, the last descendant of the Sesso, Alessandro, had to sell the complex after dissipating the family's assets on gambling. The Schiavo family maintained the Villa for several decades, handing it down from generation to generation.
With the First World War outbreak, part of the complex was used as a field hospital for the British army. Once the conflict ended, a section of the Villa continued to be used for hospital purposes, housing the Sandrigo obstetrics ward.
During the 20th century, the structure passed first to the Forni family and later to the Nardone family, descendants of the Schiavo maternal branch. Finally, in 2020, Villa Sesso Schiavo became part of the Bellotto - De Toni family's property.
Villa Sesso Schiavo: the perfect setting for a classic and refined wedding
The majestic Villa Sesso Schiavo is one of the most famous and elegant residences in the Veneto-Palladian style. Perfectly preserved and rich in frescoes, the structure offers refined and bucolic views, ideal for timeless weddings. Between art, history and nature, it will be impossible for you and your guests not to fall in love with this delightful place.
Villa Sesso Schiavo is immersed in a beautiful centuries-old park, offering privacy and relaxation to its guests. Rich in ancient trees and rare botanical species, this is the ideal place to celebrate your summer events. In the shade of the verdant foliage, in fact, you can organise the most romantic of symbolic rites. It will therefore be the ideal setting for happy, carefree weddings, perfect for young, bubbly couples. You can also take evocative shots here, taking advantage of the elegant contrast between the unspoilt nature and the classic lines of the complex.
The other areas of Villa Sesso Schiavo overlook this splendid green lung. Among these, the loggia of the 16th century body and the ancient barchessa stand out for their beauty and elegance. Both perfectly preserved, they now host banquets and aperitifs.
In the typically Palladian-inspired loggia, you can hold your reception in the shade of splendid Doric columns. This is an extremely refined and majestic setting in which to serve a traditional and elegant lunch or dinner. From here you can access the striking frescoed hall, which the bride and groom can also use. Grandiose and rich in history, it will bring sophistication and magic to your most beautiful day.
If, on the other hand, you prefer an equally well-kept but more informal area, the neighbouring barchessa will amaze you. Its cosy and comfortable interior will be the perfect choice for simple couples who enjoy sharing and conviviality.
Whatever your idea of a wedding, the complex will bring your every fantasy to life. Villa Sesso Schiavo is truly a breathtaking location, a unique setting in which to celebrate your love. Elegant but never gaudy, we are sure it will forever leave a sweet memory of your wedding in the hearts of your loved ones.
Villa Sesso Schiavo: the structure of the location
Villa Sesso Schiavo is an elegant residence with classical lines, typical of the wonderful Palladian Venetian villas. It is a complex comprising several buildings, dating mainly from the 16th and 18th centuries. These are surrounded by a beautiful centuries-old park, which is home to rare plants, tall trees, a stream and a small lake.
For events and weddings, the venue reserves some of its areas, including:
- The Italian-style garden, where you can serve the aperitif, the banquet, the wedding cake and celebrate your symbolic ceremony
- The open gallery with Doric columns, in which to arrange many small tables or a single long table for over a hundred guests
- The frescoed hall, directly connected to the loggia, in which to admire the splendid 16th-century paintings
- The barchessa, characterised by rustic lines and a splendid wooden ceiling
- The chapel consecrated to St Lawrence and St Francis, where one can celebrate one's Catholic rite
- Two independent flats, one located next to the oratory and one inside the rustic barchessa. They can be used both for overnight stays and for dressing
Villa Sesso Schiavo is truly a magical and rich place that will fill your heart with sweet memories. Thanks to the great variety of spaces and settings, we are sure you will realise your every wish here.
Frequently Asked Questions About Villa Sesso Schiavo
- Where is Villa Sesso Schiavo located? Villa Sesso Schiavo is located in Sandrigo, a few kilometres from Vicenza.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa Sesso Schiavo? Certainly. You can organise the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all the adjoining areas. The entire complex is exclusively dedicated to your celebration. Moreover, symbolic and religious rites can also be celebrated on request.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa Sesso Schiavo? No, there is no in-house catering service, but you will find a kitchen area here that can be used for your event. You can be guided in the choice of an external caterer by the Villa staff or opt for one of your own.
- What events can be celebrated at Villa Sesso Schiavo? You can organise your most important celebrations at Villa Sesso Schiavo. In fact, the structure is open for weddings and private events. You can also organise your conferences or cultural events here.
- Can Villa Sesso Schiavo host business meetings? Certainly. Villa Sesso Schiavo makes its interior and exterior available for organising events and conventions.
- Can I stay overnight at Villa Sesso Schiavo? Yes, Villa Sesso Schiavo offers 2 independent and fully furnished flats. There is also a bridal suite, which the bride and groom can also use. Finally, you will find a residence in the vicinity of the Villa.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Padova, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Padova, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.