The location of Villa Foscarini Rossi is one of the structures that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Venice. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the villa. Enjoy the reading!
Villa Foscarini Rossi: the history
Villa Foscarini Rossi is a historic residence dating back to the first half of the 17th century. It stands in Stra, in the province of Venice, along the Riviera del Brenta. According to official documents, the structure was built between 1617 and 1635 by the Foscarini family. The latter commissioned the project to the illustrious architects Vincenzo Scamozzi and Francesco Contini to create an aristocratic residence.
Over the years, the splendid Villa was embellished with the works of artists such as Pietro Liberi and Domenico de Bruni. It thus became a little corner of paradise, welcoming famous members of the society of the time within its walls. These included Gerolamo Bernardo, a lawyer who negotiated peace between England and France and received an honour from Henry VIII.
During the 18th century, the residence was later chosen by Marco Foscarini, who was elected Doge of the Republic of Venice in 1762. The latter made some changes to the structure, constructing a building for coral processing, which was however demolished on his death. Later, Villa Foscarini Rossi passed to the Negrelli and Rossi families, from whom the mansion takes its name.
After careful restoration, the Villa became the Rossimoda Museum of Footwear in 1995, on the initiative of Luigino Rossi. On display are products made by Rossimoda for luxury brands such as Dior, Fendi and Yves Saint Laurent. Villa Foscarini Rossi is now owned by the multinational Louis Vuitton and is open for important cultural and social events.
Villa Foscarini Rossi: the perfect setting for a luxurious and refined wedding
The splendid Villa Foscarini Rossi is a unique location. Elegant and classic in style, it is one of the best-preserved 17th-century Venetian villas. Thanks to its interiors' richness and attention to the smallest details, it will be the perfect setting for luxurious and refined weddings.
Villa Foscarini Rossi provides the bride and groom-to-be with multiple spaces, capable of satisfying every stylistic and organisational need. In the complex's spacious rooms, it is possible to host over 600 guests, creating sophisticated and original events.
Thanks to the dreamy, bucolic atmosphere of the centuries-old park, you can then enjoy romantic moments. Among the gentle foliage of the lush trees and the flowering azaleas, you can also officiate your civil ceremony and admire a stunning fireworks display.
For art lovers, on the other hand, it will be impossible not to be fascinated by the rich frescoed vaults, under which the banquet will be served. More than 400 guests can be seated in the splendid Salone degli Affreschi, where they can admire the works of art between courses.
Villa Foscarini Rossi is truly a magical place, an elegant, bucolic and unforgettable corner of paradise. If you love art, nature and refinement, you will certainly not be disappointed.
Villa Foscarini Rossi: the structure of the location
Villa Foscarini Rossi is characterised by an elegant and linear structure, in the typical style of the marvellous Venetian villas. Thanks to its enviable place on the River Brenta, the complex can also be accessed by walking up the romantic waterway.
Villa Foscarini Rossi features architecture in typical Palladian style. Upon entering the complex, visitors are immediately greeted by the splendid centuries-old park. It is a green lung of over 10,000 square metres inside a bucolic pond. The garden, which can accommodate up to 600 guests, embraces the different parts of the complex, including the guest quarters.
Next to it is the splendid Sansovina-style portico, which connects the interior with the lush garden. This area, mainly used for the celebration of civil ceremonies, can also be used during the winter period. Next to it there are large marquees, able to accommodate outdoor receptions in case of bad weather.
Villa Foscarini Rossi does, however, put its elegant indoor halls at the disposal of its guests. The usable spaces are numerous and characteristic, ideal for banquets, aperitifs and moments of entertainment. Among them, they stand out for their beauty and scenic impact:
- The Salone degli Affreschi, a sumptuous space with finely frescoed ceiling and walls. Inside, up to 200 guests can be seated.
- The Salette on the ground floor, to organise the aperitif and the cake cutting. Communicating with the main hall, they can accommodate more than a hundred people.
- The Piano Mezzanino, a space where the bride and groom and their guests of honour can find refreshment and get ready before the ceremony
- The Mansarda, a 600 square metre open space that can accommodate up to 480 guests, can be used as a dance area
- The cellars are characterised by exposed brick walls and 17th-century wooden beams.
Frequently Asked Questions About Villa Foscarini Rossi
- Where is Villa Foscarini Rossi located? Villa Foscarini Rossi is located in Stra, in the province of Venice, along the Riviera del Brenta.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa Foscarini Rossi? Certainly. You can organise the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all the adjoining areas. The entire complex is exclusively dedicated to your celebration. Civil ceremonies can also be celebrated on request under the splendid portico.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa Foscarini Rossi? Villa Foscarini Rossi does not have an in-house catering service. You can therefore freely choose your own catering service or request the contact of an official partner of the structure.
- What events can be celebrated at Villa Foscarini Rossi? It is possible to organise your most important celebrations at Villa Foscarini Rossi. The structure, in fact, is open to weddings and private events, such as birthday parties, gala dinners and conferences. Wine and food tastings are also held in the cellars.
- Can Villa Foscarini Rossi host business meetings? Yes, Villa Foscarini Rossi is open for meetings and conventions. The complex provides companies and individuals with the best technology, offering a punctual and professional service.
- Can I stay overnight inside Villa Foscarini Rossi? The structure does not have any internal accommodation, but you can however find several hotels in the direct vicinity. Several rooms are available for dressing and changing clothes for the bride and groom and their guests of honour.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Venice, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Venice, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.