The location of Gambrinus Park is one of the locations that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Pordenone. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the location. Enjoy the reading!
Gambrinus Park: the history
The splendid Gambrinus Park is located in San Polo di Piave, in the gentle Treviso countryside. It is a charming village of ancient origin, whose first settlements date back even to Roman times. The Gambrinus is a historic establishment in the area, dating back to 1847 and has been run by the Zanotto family since. In fact, the family has been handing down ownership of the complex, now converted into a popular restaurant, for four generations.
However, this beautiful location has much older origins, dating back as far as the Middle Ages. At that time, the buildings that make up the structure in fact housed a famous inn and hostel. Well before 1847, this place was considered an important stop for all travellers on the Aquileia-Opitergium route. Here people found refreshment and peace, resting along the resurgent banks of the neighbouring Lia river.
And it is precisely from this waterway that the area's famous crayfish are still caught today. It is no coincidence that the park's name pays homage to both the local speciality and the ancient deity Gambrinus, lord of Teutonic beers. The restaurant is now run by Adriano Zanotto, who was made a Cavaliere della Repubblica in 1989. The latter redefined the concept of Venetian cuisine in the 1960s, establishing Gambrinus as one of Italy's top 100 restaurants.
In addition to Adriano, today Gambrinus Park boasts the participation of several other members of the Zanotto family. Gianmaria is in charge of the Gambrinus Liquor Store, famous for its Gambrinus Elisir. Marianna is instead the manager of the Osteria Enoteca, while Pierchristian has been chef at Parco Gambrinus since 2007.
Gambrinus Park: the perfect setting for a fairytale wedding
Parco Gambrinus is the perfect location for a fairytale wedding with its characteristic structure immersed in the Veneto countryside. It is indeed a magical and evocative place, from which it is impossible not to be deeply fascinated. Thanks to its bucolic views over the vineyards and the Lia river, it will be the perfect setting for romantic and exclusive events.
Getting married in Gambrinus Park means planning a fairytale wedding that will leave your guests speechless. Within the vast centuries-old park you will find corners of pure poetry and relaxation. Here you will be able to admire the gentle flow of the Lia river, while sipping an excellent welcome drink. To keep you company you will also find beautiful peacocks, which live here in semi-freedom. Walking through the ancient trees, you will then reach the romantic pond and the historic mill, ideal for an unforgettable photo shoot. The entire garden is then placed at your disposal and will be perfect for hosting cheerful tables in shabby chic style.
If, on the other hand, you prefer a more classical but not banal solution, better opt for the splendid interior of Gambrinus Park. The venue will allow you to choose between different rooms, each with its own peculiarities. From the Sala Parco to the Sala del Cenacolo, we are sure you will find the solution that best suits your wedding idea. Thanks to the staff, you will be able to organise a romantic wedding, even holding your civil ceremony while enjoying the view of the park. Whatever your style or requirements, you will find in Parco Gambrinus the perfect location to bring your every wish to life.
Gambrinus Park: the structure of the location
The magnificent Gambrinus Park is renowned for its sophisticated beauty. Situated next to a rich vineyard, the complex is distinguished by its neoclassical lines. Parco Gambrinus is certainly one of the most important historical venues in Italy. The complex is surrounded by a verdant park of over 30 hectares, in which the Lia River flows gently. It is home to tall oaks and ancient plants, which are home to a rich variety of animals in semi-freedom. Walking along the paths, you can admire albino peacocks, cranes and swans, which will make your stay unforgettable.
Moving towards the main building, it is then possible to observe from an elegant wooden bridge the fauna that populates the pond here. Also in the park you will find a large furnished terrace and a bucolic mill, used for events and weddings. Inside the complex's buildings, there are also several rooms where you can organise your wedding. Parco Gambrinus in fact puts at your disposal:
- the Cenacolo Hall, characterised by medieval frescoes and mosaics, with a maximum capacity of 55 people
- the Veranda, with circular glass and wood pagodas, ideal for accommodating up to 200 people
- the Sala del Parco, an old barn with wooden beams, which can accommodate up to 120 people;
- the modernly equipped Bottega Gambrinus, which accommodates 60 people
Parco Gambrinus also features several smaller buildings, such as the Locanda. Here, several rooms are available to stay overnight, furnished in 19th century style. You can therefore extend your wedding, turning it into a real holiday! Parco Gambrinus is truly an enchanting place full of surprises. Celebrating your wedding here will make your most important day even sweeter and more refined.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gambrinus Park
- Where is Gambrinus Park located? Gambrinus Park is located in San Polo di Piave, in the gentle Treviso countryside.
- Can I celebrate my wedding in Parco Gambrinus? Certainly. You can organise the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all the adjoining areas. The location is also officially recognised for the celebration of your civil weddings.
- Is there a restaurant in Parco Gambrinus? Parco Gambrinus is first and foremost a famous restaurant dating back to 1847. The menu on offer is first-rate, with a preference for organic and zero-kilometre products. The restaurant is also famous for its prawns, caught directly from the neighbouring Lia river.
- What events can be celebrated in Parco Gambrinus? Your most important celebrations can be organised at Parco Gambrinus. It is open for weddings, baptisms, communions and private parties. You can also organise your meetings, corporate events and gala dinners here.
- Can Parco Gambrinus host business meetings? Certainly. Parco Gambrinus makes its halls and outdoor areas available for organising events and conventions. The rooms are equipped with every comfort and feature technologically advanced facilities.
- Can I stay overnight at Parco Gambrinus? Yes, Parco Gambrinus offers its elegant rooms at the adjacent Locanda Gambrinus. The rooms are furnished with 19th-century furniture and have an independent entrance overlooking the garden. There is also a suite with a private kitchen.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Pordenone, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Pordenone, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.