The location of Rocca di Castelfalfi is one of the locations that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Tuscany. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the location. Enjoy the reading!
Rocca di Castelfalfi: a thousand-year history
La Rocca di Castelfalfi is a renowned gourmet restaurant in Montaione, in the province of Florence. The origins of the castle in which it is located are very ancient. According to some historical documents, the ancient complex could even date back to the 6th century.
The first known owners of the imposing structure were the noble della Gherardesca family members. After more than five centuries, in 1139, the Castle of Castelfalfi was sold by Ranieri della Gherardesca to the bishop of Volterra. In 1230 Castelfalfi was included in the county of San Miniato, only to be detached in 1370 with the submission to Florence.
The beautiful castle thus became part of the Medici family. In 1475 the owners were in fact Giovanni di Francesco Gaetani and his wife Costanza de' Medici. They renovated the complex, making it a noble residence where they could spend their holidays. However, with the outbreak of the war between Siena and Florence, the Castle was sacked and set on fire.
Castelfalfi then experiences a long period of peace and tranquillity. The Medici-Tornaquinci family dedicated itself to the reconstruction of the Castle, which slowly returned to its ancient splendour. Nevertheless, it was damaged again with the outbreak of the Second World War. In this period, in fact, the Castle hosted a division of the German army and was therefore bombed during the Americans' advance. This marked the beginning of a dark period for the complex and the village, which its inhabitants progressively abandoned.
Fortunately, in 1982 the entire village was taken over by the Milanese entrepreneur Virginio Battanta. Thus began the slow restoration and reconstruction of Castelfalfi, which continued in 2012. Today, the entire village has come back to life, focusing on tourism and enhancing small craft activities. The Castle, home to restaurants and hotels, has thus become one of the most exclusive locations in Tuscany.
Rocca di Castelfalfi: the perfect setting for a fairytale wedding
Rocca di Castelfalfi, with its breathtaking panorama and medieval structure, is the perfect setting for a fairytale wedding. Here art, history and nature blend elegantly, transporting you to distant times. A truly evocative location that will fill your guests' eyes with wonder.
Getting married at Rocca di Castelfalfi means having a princely event in a place where time seems to have stopped. If you want to celebrate your wedding in a romantic and fairytale location, the Rocca di Castelfalfi will not disappoint you. Moreover, given the vastness of the surrounding village and the presence of countless services, you will be able to fulfil your every wish.
The receptions organised here are of the highest level, thanks to the skill of the staff. In particular, the Rocca's chef is Michele Rinaldi, a pupil of the famous Gualtiero Marchesi. At the Rocca di Castelfalfi, you can choose whether to celebrate your event on the splendid terrace or in the internal rooms. In any case, these are exclusive settings, perfect for country chic weddings.
The picturesque panoramic terrace can also be used for civil ceremonies and fantastic summer receptions. The numerous indoor rooms also offer elegant and sophisticated settings for various types of ceremonies.
Castelfalfi is truly a little corner of paradise on earth in which to spend unforgettable moments. If you are looking for an evocative, luxurious and versatile location, the Rocca di Castelfalfi will exceed all your expectations. It will truly be the perfect place for your unforgettable wedding.
Rocca di Castelfalfi: the structure of the location
Rocca di Castelfalfi, as we have seen, is the gourmet restaurant set in the beautiful setting of the castle and the surrounding village. Situated on a small hill, the entire complex overlooks the surrounding fields and vineyards. From the terrace of the restaurant you can enjoy a unique panorama.
Located on the ground floor of the Castle, the rooms of the Rocca di Castelfalfi are spacious and elegant. The rooms have been carefully restored, creating evocative and romantic corners. Thanks to the skilful use of wood, stone, plaster and terracotta, it is possible here to relive the splendour of medieval times.
An internal staircase leads to the castle's first floor, where private dinners and events are held. Other rooms inside the structure are reserved for the Rosso Toscano Cooking School. The entire village, however, offers spaces and locations for your wedding. Hotels, spas, restaurants, swimming pools, wine trails... it is really impossible to get bored in this magical place.
Rocca di Castelfalfi is truly a location full of possibilities and services, all to be discovered. It will be the perfect choice to live the most beautiful day in the company of your better half.
Frequently Asked Questions about Rocca di Castelfalfi
- Where is Rocca di Castelfalfi? Rocca di Castelfalfi is a restaurant inside the splendid Castelfalfi Castle in Montaione, Florence.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Rocca di Castelfalfi? Of course you can. You can organise the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all village areas. The entire complex is exclusively dedicated to your party. The structure team will follow you carefully, also taking care of the choice of musicians, photographers and florists.
- Is there a restaurant inside Rocca di Castelfalfi? Rocca di Castelfalfi is a famous gourmet restaurant. The chef, Michele Rinaldi, was a pupil of the famous Gualtiero Marchesi. The cuisine on offer is of the highest quality, with typical dishes made from selected local produce.
- What events can be celebrated at Rocca di Castelfalfi? At Rocca di Castelfalfi you can organise your most important celebrations. In fact, the structure is open to weddings, baptisms, communions and private parties. You can also organise your meetings, corporate events, showrooms, fashion shows and gala dinners.
- Can Rocca di Castelfalfi host business meetings? Certainly. Rocca di Castelfalfi makes its halls and terraces available to organise events and conventions. The rooms are equipped with every comfort and feature a technologically advanced system. Between historical charm and cutting-edge technology, it is possible to customise every detail of the event.
- Can I stay overnight in Rocca di Castelfalfi? Yes, inside the village you will find several hotels, suites and flats at your disposal. From rustic settings to more modern spaces, you can choose the best solution for your needs.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Tuscany, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Tuscany, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.