The location of Villa Mocale is one of the structures that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Tuscany. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the villa. Enjoy the reading!
Villa Mocale: the history
The ancient Villa Mocale stands in San Casciano in Val di Pesa, a small town in the province of Florence. It is a historic Medici Villa, built among the Chianti hills by the wealthy Buondelmonti family. The mansion, also known as Villa di Pitigliuolo, was probably built in the 15th century.
According to cadastral documents of the time, in fact, as early as 1427 the complex was reported to belong to Messer Andrea Buondelmonti. Several decades later, however, Villa Mocale was put up for sale and was thus purchased by Rinaldo di Ballerino. Upon his death, part of the complex was donated to Lorenzo De' Medici, then lord of Florence.
With the fall of the De' Medici in 1494, all property belonging to the family was auctioned off. Villa Mocale thus passed from owner to owner, hosting within its walls the main representatives of the Tuscan nobility. With the return to power of Alessandro De' Medici in the 16th century, the mansion was finally aggregated with the Montepaldi farm.
In the following centuries, Villa Mocale became part of the property of the Gianfigliazzi family, already in possession of numerous farms in the Val di Pesa. Joined further with other neighboring properties, the complex became one of the richest farms in the area. In more recent times Villa Mocale has been completely renovated, returning to its former glory. For several years now it has been open for receptions and private events, proving to be one of the most popular locations in the Val di Pesa.
Villa Mocale: the perfect setting for a rustic wedding
As we anticipated, Villa Mocale is one of the most exclusive locations in the Val di Pesa. Surrounded by the unspoiled nature of the Chianti hills, the structure is now a romantic and enchanting place. For this very reason, the Villa is the ideal setting for organizing rustic and traditional weddings.
What is most striking about this beautiful location is the privacy and warmth it conveys to its guests. By choosing to celebrate your wedding at Villa Mocale, in fact, you can live for a day inside a small 15th-century village. As picturesque as it is welcoming, the complex boasts numerous spaces that can accommodate the different stages of your celebration.
Within the refined Italian garden, for example, you can serve the most joyous of welcome aperitifs, surprising your guests with the mise en place of your choice. From the most traditional reception to the latest social trend, you can adapt this area to suit your taste.
True pride of Villa Mocale, however, is its distinctive medieval courtyard. Embraced by the wings of the main body, the latter is distinguished by its rustic yet elegant style. It will therefore be perfect for hosting your summer banquets, for a romantic wedding with panoramic views of the surrounding hills.
There are also numerous covered solutions, ideal in case of rain or in the winter period. Among them, the charming cellars and the large main hall certainly stand out. The former can accommodate the most intimate and convivial receptions, suitable for couples who love simplicity. The second, on the other hand, presents more refined lines, ideal for the organization of glamorous and exclusive banquets.
Villa Mocale is truly a location that seems to come out of a dream, in which to spend unforgettable moments with your loved ones. A magical place that will be able to give you sweet memories of your most beautiful day.
Villa Mocale: the structure of the location
The historic Villa Mocale stands among the rolling fields of the famous Val di Pesa. Rich in history and beauty, the structure enjoys an exclusive view of the romantic Chianti hills. Walking up the grand entrance driveway, interspersed with numerous centuries-old cypress trees, visitors reach the ancient medieval core of the structure.
This is set in a well-kept Italian garden, embellished by an elegant illuminated fountain. There is also no shortage of shrubs, flowers and a thick turf, populated by numerous benches, tables and umbrellas. The real star, however, is the ancient sofora tree, chosen by the bride and groom as the backdrop for their on-site rituals.
Approaching the main body, visitors then reach the large panoramic terrace of Villa Mocale. Connected directly to the inner courtyard of the mansion, this can be set up in the summertime, hosting aperitifs and after-dinner dancing. Inside the medieval courtyard, on the other hand, up to 200 guests can be accommodated.
Villa Mocale then has numerous indoor halls and lounges. Among them, the following are made available to the bride and groom:
- The main hall, featuring wooden beams and large panoramic windows, able to accommodate up to 180 people
- The hall in the cellars, a more intimate and rustic space dominated by white stone walls, with a maximum capacity of 130 people
- The old oil mill, now in a perfectly preserved state, around which it is possible to arrange some tables or the buffet
A short distance from the main body of Villa Mocale is then the church of Sant'Angelo, which can be used by the bride and groom who wish to celebrate their religious rite on site. Villa Mocale is truly an evocative and rich mansion in which we are sure visitors will leave their hearts.
Frequently Asked Questions About Villa Mocale
- Where is Villa Mocale located? Villa Mocale is located in San Casciano in Val di Pesa, a small town in the province of Florence. The property is famous for its dominating position over the Chianti hills.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa Mocale? Of course. You will be able to organize the religious rite, the shooting and the reception inside the Park, the Salons of the Villa and all the attached outdoor areas, such as the courtyard and the terrace.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa Mocale? Villa Mocale presents an in-house restaurant service. The facility, therefore, cannot be booked by hiring an outside caterer.
- What events is it possible to celebrate at Villa Mocale? Inside Villa Mocale it is possible to organize your most important celebrations. In fact, the facility is open for weddings and private parties. You can, in addition, organize your meetings and corporate events here.
- Can Villa Mocale host business meetings? Certainly. Villa Mocale provides its indoor and outdoor spaces for the organization of events and conventions. The facility is equipped with the best technologies and every comfort.
- Can I stay overnight inside Villa Mocale? No, the Villa does not have suites or indoor rooms. However, you can find several hotels and B&Bs in which to stay around the facility.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Tuscany, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Tuscany, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.