The location of Villa Iachia is one of the locations that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Udine. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the location. Enjoy the reading!
Villa Iachia: the history
The elegant Villa Iachia is located in Ruda, a few kilometres from the Roman city of Aquileia. The structure was commissioned at the end of the 18th century by the noble Iachia family. They decided to unite two pre-existing buildings on the occasion of the marriage in 1814 between the Morpurgos and the Iachias. From then on, the family owned Villa Iachia for more than two centuries, turning it into a famous economic and social centre.
Between 1870 and 1880, Giacomo Davide Iachia founded a farm here, which became one of the most important in the area. During the Great War, however, most of the estate's land holdings were destroyed. During that period, Villa Iachia was in fact turned into a field hospital for the Italian army, suffering extensive damage. Once the conflict was over, the Iachia family immediately began renovating the complex, resuming its agricultural activities.
However, this moment of rebirth and wealth lasted only a few years. With the outbreak of World War II, the Iachia family had to flee Trieste as they were of Jewish origin. The Villa became a garrison for the fascists and Nazi troops, eventually being bombed. Despite the end of the war, the Iachia family preferred not to return to the now-destroyed mansion.
The farm's agricultural activity also suffered a severe setback. Over about twenty years, all cultivation was suspended and the complex was effectively abandoned. It was not until 2006 that some of Villa Iachia's buildings, including the famous cellars, were restored. Thanks to the efforts of Andrea Iachia, today, the mansion is under the protection of the Fine Arts and has been converted into a venue for events and weddings.
The splendid Villa Iachia is one of the most famous and elegant residences in the Habsburg-Venetian style. Protected by the Belle Arti, the structure offers refined and bucolic views, ideal for celebrating timeless weddings. Between art, history and nature, it is impossible not to marvel as you walk up its well-kept avenues.
Indeed, Villa Iachia is set in a splendid centuries-old park, considered among the most beautiful in Italy. Rich in ancient trees and rare botanical species, this is the ideal place to celebrate your summer events. In fact, in the shade of the verdant foliage you can organise the most romantic of civil ceremonies. For nature lovers, it will therefore be the perfect setting to celebrate a simple and sunny wedding. Inside the park you will also find several equipped areas where you can continue your celebrations. There is a garden with a swimming pool and refined gazebo among the palm and olive trees. Here you can serve both a summer aperitif and your wedding banquet, in a more youthful and sparkling style.
If you prefer to celebrate your love in a more traditional setting, you can use the rooms in the mansion. Villa Iachia offers three different wedding venues, each with its own characteristics. You can have access to the warm and cosy Sala Iachia, suitable for intimate celebrations. Or choose the Morpurgo Room, rich in historical elements for fairytale moments. Or organise your banquet in the Sala del Granaio, for a rustic-style event.
Whatever your wedding idea, the complex will bring your every fantasy to life. Villa Iachia is truly a magical location, a unique and versatile setting to celebrate your love. Elegant and never tacky, we are sure it will leave you with a sweet memory of your wedding forever.
Villa Iachia: the structure of the location
Villa Iachia is an elegant and majestic residence, with the typical lines of the marvellous 18th-century Venetian villas. It is a complex comprising several buildings, forming a small rural hamlet. This is immersed in a splendid centuries-old park, which extends over 14 hectares and is home to rare plants and tall trees. It is also home to a lush reed bed and some ancient military fortifications.
Walking along the gentle tree-lined avenues, one then reaches the elegant façade of the main building. It is built in the neoclassical style and connected to the adjacent rustico by an atrium. The property also includes the stables, the barn, the cellar and the Casaccia, the former home of the gamekeeper. The well-kept garden that embraces these buildings has access to an elegant swimming pool and gazebo.
When you enter Villa Iachia, you will then be able to enjoy the historical richness of the place fully. You can choose from no less than three different settings for your wedding:
- The Iachia Room: characterised by its stone walls, wooden ceiling and large windows opening onto the park. It can accommodate up to 250 people
- The Morpurgo Hall: full of elements dating back to the 19th century, including old carriages. It has a maximum capacity of 35 people
- The Cantina delle Botti: ideal for medium-sized banquets, it has an earthen floor and high stone vaults
Villa Iachia is truly a magical and rich place that will fill your heart with sweet memories. Thanks to the great variety of spaces and environments, you can realise your every wish here.
Frequently Asked Questions About Villa Iachia
- Where is Villa Iachia located? Villa Iachia is located in Ruda, a few kilometres from the Roman city of Aquileia.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa Iachia? Certainly. You can organise the shooting and reception inside the structure and in all the adjoining areas. The entire complex is exclusively dedicated to your celebration. In addition, civil ceremonies can also be celebrated on request in the Park or inside the Halls.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa Iachia? No, there is no in-house catering service. However, the Villa staff can guide you in your choice of external catering.
- What events can be celebrated at Villa Iachia? You can organise your most important celebrations at Villa Iachia. It is open for weddings and private events. You can also organise your conferences, fashion shows, film shoots or cultural events here.
- Can Villa Iachia host business meetings? Certainly. Villa Iachia makes its indoor and outdoor facilities available for organising events and conventions. The rooms are equipped with every comfort and feature technologically advanced facilities.
- Can I stay overnight at Villa Iachia? Yes, Villa Iachia provides no less than 5 rooms and suites for the bride and groom and their guests. However, you will find several hotels and flats for rent in the direct vicinity of the venue.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Udine, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Udine, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.