The location of Villa Widmann Borletti is one of the structures that I have most appreciated during my experience as a wedding photographer in Padova. I have collected all the most important information, to allow you to get to know the history, the structure and answer the most frequently asked questions about the villa. Enjoy the reading!
Villa Widmann Borletti: the history
The majestic Villa Widmann Borletti stands in the ancient medieval village of Bagnoli di Sopra, in the province of Padua. Dating back to the 17th century, it is one of the most important historical complexes in the Veneto region, now a national monument.
According to official documents, the land of Villa Widmann Borletti was purchased at auction in 1655 by the Austrian nobleman Lodovico Widmann. Previously, a monastery stood on these lands, put up for sale by Pope Alexander VII to finance the Serenissima. Lodovico decided to build his luxurious residence here, entrusting its design to Baldassarre Longhena.
The complex's garden was later redesigned and embellished with hedges of life-size statues. Villa Widmann Borletti thus became an exclusive palace, frequented by illustrious personalities such as the playwright Carlo Goldoni and the future Pope Clement XIII.
With the death of Lodovico, however, the structure began its slow decline. Finally, in 1797, after Napoleon's troops' invasion and looting, Villa Widmann Borletti was finally abandoned. The family heirs thus decided to sell the complex in 1856. It was bought by Pietro d'Aremberg, who, however, failed to redevelop the mansion.
During the First World War, Augusto d'Aremberg decided to put the villa up for sale, which was bought by the Borletti family, industrialists from Milan. Thanks to their efforts, the property finally began to flourish again, becoming an important farm again. Today, Villa Widmann Borletti is one of the most exclusive wedding locations and a renowned agritourism where one can stay overnight.
Over the centuries, Villa Widmann Borletti has experienced periods of extreme wealth and moments of sad decadence. Fortunately, however, the structure's spaces have now returned to their former splendour, opening their doors to prestigious and varied events. The Villa, in fact, is one of the most popular and prestigious venetian settings in which to organise a dream wedding.
The strong point of Villa Widmann Borletti is certainly its great versatility. Inside, there are unique and characteristic corners to suit all couples' tastes. From the tradition-loving bride and groom to those in search of a different location, everyone will be able to experience the wedding they have always dreamed of here.
If, for example, you want to organise a classic, typically Mediterranean banquet, the complex's large agritourism will do the trick. Cosy and convivial, it will be perfect for carefree events and couples looking for warmth and simplicity.
For nature lovers, however, it is best to opt for the brolo or garden of Villa Widmann Borletti. Both perfect for your summer events, they can be completely customised according to the taste of the bride and groom. From boho chic to glamorous weddings, these spaces will add romance and character to your most beautiful day. In addition, they will be perfect for hosting atmospheric cake cuts or the wildest deejay sets.
Finally, if you are looking for a cosy setting in which to organise larger receptions, the spacious granaries will amaze you. Built in perfect rustic Veneto style, they can accommodate up to 600 guests, letting them savour all the historicity of the complex. You can celebrate more relaxed and youthful events here, but no less elegant. It therefore does not matter your style, age or number of guests: Villa Widmann Borletti will always succeed in providing you with unforgettable moments.
Villa Widmann Borletti: the structure of the location
The historic Villa Widmann Borletti stands amidst the verdant fields of the gentle Veneto countryside. It is an elegant structure in perfect neoclassical style, typical of the 18th century period. Now a national monument, the villa includes the main building, a theatre, a church, cellars, two granaries, several gardens and the brolo.
Passing through the elegant gate of the complex, visitors are greeted by its well-kept Italian garden. Here one can admire various statues, flower beds and beautiful geometric hedges. Walking up its gentle paths, one then reaches the various buildings and spaces that make up the estate.
In particular, they are made available for events and weddings:
- The garden, where the welcome drink, banquet, cake cutting and DJ set will take place
- The indoor hall, which can be used for romantic and fairytale style shootings
- The brolo, a country-style space surrounded by cultivated fields
- The granaries, two large rustic structures in perfect Veneto style, can accommodate up to 600 guests
- The restaurant, with its sober and cosy lines, is ideal for more intimate lunches and dinners for up to 80 people
- The cellars, an exclusive space where you can serve your aperitif among the Villa's historic barrels
- The theatre, which can accommodate up to 100 guests, features neoclassical statues. Here it is possible to attend an evocative evening performance of 'Sons et Lumières' .
Villa Widmann Borletti also offers 12 finely furnished lodgings and flats. Each accommodation consists of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, in which you can spend the night with your loved ones.
Finally, the facility houses an airfield, which can be used by newlyweds wishing to reach the complex by ultra-light aircraft. So if you are looking for a place to celebrate your wedding and experience a beautiful holiday, we are sure the Villa will not disappoint your expectations.
Frequently Asked Questions About Villa Widmann Borletti
- Where is Villa Widmann Borletti located? Villa Widmann Borletti is located in the ancient medieval village of Bagnoli di Sopra, in the province of Padua.
- Can I celebrate my wedding inside Villa Widmann Borletti? Of course you can. You can organise the civil ceremony, the shooting and the reception inside the gardens, the barns and all the adjoining areas, such as the wine cellar and the brolo.
- Is there a restaurant inside Villa Widmann Borletti? Villa Widmann Borletti does not offer an in-house catering service. However, a kitchen area is made available to the catering service, which you can choose freely or let the Villa staff advise you.
- What events can be celebrated at Villa Widmann Borletti? It is possible to celebrate your most important events at Villa Widmann Borletti. The structure, in fact, is open for weddings and private parties. You can also organise your meetings and corporate events here.
- Can Villa Widmann Borletti host business meetings? Certainly. Villa Widmann Borletti makes its indoor and outdoor spaces available for organising events and conventions.
- Can I stay overnight at Villa Widmann Borletti? Yes, you can. Villa Widmann Borletti is also an elegant accommodation facility. Inside you will find 12 finely furnished lodgings and flats. Each accommodation consists of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
Whatever location you choose for your wedding photos in Padova, don't forget to count on the right wedding photographer.
He will capture the emotions of that day and turn them into memories you will cherish forever.
If you're looking for a wedding photographer in Padova, or are still considering wedding venues, take a look at our wedding photography galleries.
look at the other locations
HELLO! IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU, I AM
and i am a
In addition to being a wedding photographer, I am a husband (lucky!) and a dad (super lucky!).
I love happy tail wags and purring in the evening twilight, which is why we also have two beautiful furries in our family, Octavia and Nova.
I love the smell of the woods where everything is so wild, where you can reconnect deeply with nature. In the same way, I love the only means that allows you to stay firmly connected to the world around you, the motorbike.
My wife Giulia and I travelled across Europe to the North Cape, where we left a piece of our hearts.